Monday, January 16, 2006

Project #2 - Left-Handed Drawing

Title: "30 Minute Kitty"

Date: Jan 12, 2006

Medium: Red Ball-Point Pen

Paper: 100lb Smooth Bristol

About this Project: This is a funny little  drawing done with my left hand (I'm normally a righty!)  A fun UK artist suggested we try drawing with our non-dominant hand for 30 minutes and see what happens.  I was sort of in an artists' slump and was not feeling up to the challenge, but then she suggested drawing for 5-minutes...so I tried it & drew a kitty (pictured below.)

Pic 1: A simple sketch of a kitty, done in 5 minutes using my left hand.  It looks like it was drawn by a 2-year-old lol.  Left-handed drawing was more fun than I thought it would be, so I continued working on the kitty for 25 more minutes, making it a 30-minute left-handed drawing (pictured below.)

Pic 2: Now it looks like a 5-year-old drew it! This drawing challenge was one of the most fun things I've done in a long time.  If you're ever bored, you should try it - I bet it will make you smile :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jane!!! i love this spot, i have bookmarked it and will visit with great regularity :) you've inspired me to locate my own blog info, but i won't share until i've actually launched something...

1/16/2006 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home