Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Funny little painting

Title: Untitled

Date: Jan 25, 2006

Medium: Winsor & Newton Griffin Alkyd Paint

Paper: Wax Paper

About this Project: A funny little face that appeared while I was testing out some brushes

I recently received some gessoed dominos from a friend, and wanted to paint them with alkyds (these are like fast drying oil paints.) It had been around 7 years since I last used alkyds, so I wanted to test them out and painted a quick face (took under 1 minute to do.) He's not perfect, but I like him. You can't tell if he's sad, thinking, worried, or just bored. He is painted on regular wax paper, which I use as my pallette, because I don't have a "real" one anymore. I've started painting one of my dominos and will post work in progress pics tonight or tomorrow (hopefully tonight!) :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

under one minute? i'm bowing down... can't wait to see your domino art!!!! oh - and you and JoE (as i posted in JoE's blog) need to have a reject sale, b/c i'm sure there are wonderful pieces you 2 are hoarding away...

1/25/2006 12:37 PM  
Blogger Joseph Chiang said...

can't wait to see your dominos!

1/25/2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger katat0nik said...

I'll post my rejects on here one day :D

1/26/2006 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home