Saturday, January 28, 2006

Knitting Project - "Horace"

Title: Horace (pattern by Amanda Hone)

Date: Jan 28, 2006

Yarn: Moda Dea Wild, "Hot Tamale"

Needles: 4mm/Sz 6 US

About this Project: Amanda Hone (aka pinwheel) is a fellow artist who created this cute little bear named "Horace". She made the pattern herself, and shared it as a project to do while waiting for paint to dry. Being a fan of knitting, I was excited to try, so here is my Horace :D (Thank you Amanda for sharing your pattern!)

Here is my Horace sitting on a leather chair.

 

And here he is posing sideways

Here's Horace with his parents. He didn't turn out exactly as he was supposed to.... the sample "Horace" that Amanda made is much nicer. Mine looks like the hairy hippy version of the real Horace lol. But I still love him :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love horace, as you know :) can't wait to join the horace club!!!!!

1/28/2006 5:25 PM  
Blogger orion713 said...

Oh my gosh. Horace is AMAZING! Ack..maybe I will have to pick up those knitting needles after all...

1/29/2006 1:18 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

That's a fab Horace! I haven't made mine yet, but I will :)

1/29/2006 2:34 AM  
Blogger katat0nik said...

Thanks you guys! Horace was fun to make. I showed him to my grandma and I think she secretly wants her own Horace, but won't admit it lol!

1/29/2006 7:40 AM  
Blogger Joseph Chiang said...

that's a cute one! you're just so talented, jane!

1/29/2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Olga Ziskin said...

That's nice - looks better than the store bought ones. That makes me want to knit again, I only have red yarn now...hmm red kitty?

1/29/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger MareAmaro said...

lovely bear.impressing the red-ball-point-pen-fish! congrats.ms.katatonik !

1/30/2006 3:52 AM  
Blogger katat0nik said...

Thanks JoE, Oz & Piero :)

Olga you should definitely make a red kitty, so Horace will have someone to chat with online lol :D

1/30/2006 4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home